- Wife Swap - I love this show. It makes me feel so normal because the people on it are so weird!!
- Clean House - I love any kind of "fix my house" show. And I like the concept behind this one.
- Split Ends - Hilarious! Hairdressers out of their comfort zone!
- Dexter - Serial killing blood spatter expert! Can it get any better?
- True Blood - Sexy vampires!
- Supernatural - Great show, great car, great music, GORGEOUS guys!
- That 70's Show - Just great fun.
- Friends - I have loved this show for over a decade.
- Biggest Loser - I havn't watched alot of the American version but I loved the Australian version.
- Big Brother - same as above. Never watched the US version but loved the Aussie version
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Monday, June 29, 2009
What is the longest love relationship (partner) you have had, and if it has ended, why?
I was with my ex for almost 6 years. We were really better off as friends. We didn't have the passion or chemistry needed for a good relationship. We are still great friends now. I have been with my hubby now for 4.5 years and I am pretty sure it will be for life.
What is on your bedside table?
Alarm clock, tiny teddy bear & "New Moon" novel.
How many pillows do you have on your bed? Do you make your bed every day?
We have 3 pillows, 1 for me and 2 for hubby. Rarely make the bed as hubby sleeps late and naps in the afternoon so there is no use.
Sunday, June 28, 2009
My family (In-laws especially). They are wonderful.
2. do you shop on line...Home goods or personal items? Can you tell us what personal items you look for??
Sometimes, for camera equipment especially.
3. Name a song from your past that you have always loved. what year was it recorded?
I Got You - Split Enz 1980. It's the first song I remember ever liking. I still love it today.
4. If you found out there was a paedophile living in your neighbourhood, would you take any action or ignore the fact??
The sad fact is they have to live somewhere. Unless we are going to send them to an island of paedophiles. Knowing they are there is a good thing at least.
5. If you could live in any city In the USA...what would it be.
I am pretty happy where I am now. All my hubby's family are close by and I love the area.
6. what is the one city you wouldn't live in even if you were paid to!?
LA, sorry to those that live there but it does not appeal to me at all.
7. If you were strapped for cash would you ask a parent or sibling for money?
Not in my family but my hubby's family have helped us out countless times, immigration is not cheap.
8. what is your most favourite thing to do to relax when you are not working?
Well I am a housewife so I am always "working" but I like to read or take photographs.
Saturday, June 27, 2009
I am very late with this but I only just found it and I liked the questions!
1. MEN- Boxers, briefs or commando? I like boxers on my man
LADIES-Hipsters, thongs or granny panties? Hipsters
2. have you ever had an infatuation with someone on the internet? I met my husband on the internet so that is a big YES!
3. a 20 dollar bill is laying on the door step of a store as you are leaving. Half the bill sits outside the door..half in. do you turn it in or pocket it?
If you were coming INTO the store when you saw it, would it make any difference in your decision?
I would let my husband decide, and knowing him he would take it!
4. you just won the lottery....your family will be all over it as soon as they find out. Do you try to keep from telling them about it?
My family wouldn't act like that and I would tell them. They would get part of it.
5. Did you ever play ' I'll show you mine, if you show me yours', when you were a child?
Wait, you mean your supposed to stop playing that?
6. Do you remember a huge crush you had on someone while in high school?
Did the crush turn into more?
Yes and no. I had the biggest crush on a senior when I was a sophomore and he was the lead in the school play and was really good looking and artistic. I was never into the usual athletic types. I liked the arty, talented, smart guys.
Image via Wikipedia
7. Have you ever had a full body massage?
Were you comfortable or uneasy about being touched all over?
Yes I have and no not really. It wasn't a sensual massage or anything, they don't touch your privates! I have a bad back and neck so massages to me aren't usually enjoyable in that sense, they hurt more than anything.
8. What do you think of wet tshirt contests?
Image via Wikipedia
Tacky. Unless it's a hunky guy! haha
A – An advantage you have – an open mind
B – Blue or brown eyes – I love both, my son has brown and my hubby has blue.
C – Chore you hate – dishes
D – Dad’s name – Jerk, oh you mean his real name, Mr Jerk.
E – Essential start of your day – Coffee
F – Favorite color – Pink
G – Greatest thing you’ve ever done that made you feel really good – donating blood made me feel pretty good, and woozy!
H – Habit you have – Obsessive ear cleaning
I – Issue you hate that the world tries to make you pursue – Politics
J – Job title – Mother/Wife
K – Kohls or Target – Target, I havn't been into a Kohls long enough to judge.
L – Living arrangements – Live with my hubby & son and dog.
M – Music you like – All kinds, especially alternative/indie stuff.
N - Nicknames – Babydoll
O – Overnight hospital stay – Kidney Stone
P – Pet Peeve – tailgating
Q – Quote that you like most – "Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around" - Vanilla Sky
R – Right or left handed – Right
S – Siblings – 2 sisters & 1 brother all older.
T – Time you wake up – around 10:30am, I am a night owl!
U – Underwear – cotton hipsters!
V – Vegetable you dislike – peas
W – What makes you run late – oversleeping
X – X-rays you’ve had – head, neck, back, feet, kidneys, teeth
Y – Yummy food you make – Everything I make is yummy!
Z – Zoo animal – Bears!! Or Orang-utans.
1. If you know someone who is interested in you happens to be high maintenance, are you as likely to date them anyway?
If I liked them I probably would but it probably wouldn't last long. I am fairly laid back to I am sure they would get on my nerves! Luck I am married so I don't have to worry about that happening!
2. Do you get more frustrated by your home being in a state of disarray or your workplace being in a state of disarray?
Seeming they are the same place I would say both!
3. You decide to go to the grocery store where you don’t expect to run into anyone you know. How dressed up are you likely to get?
I am always respectable when I leave the house. Casual but neat & clean.
4. Take the quiz: Are You High Maintenance?
You Are Low Maintenance
Compared to most people, you are incredibly easy going.
To be honest, you are truly a breath of fresh air.
You are open minded about trying new things, and you're not upset when things don't work out.
You are willing to go along to get along. And your attitude helps you truly enjoy life!
5. How important is it to you that the person you would date would be roughly “in your league” looks wise?
Well I have to admit looks are important. Attraction is usually the first thing when you date someone. However I fell in love with my husband on the internet and already knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him without actually seeing him in the flesh (I did see him on webcam though) Thank god he is good looking!
6. Do you prefer spending more on a birthday gift for a close friend of having them spend more on a gift for you?
I think its the thought that you put into the gift not the money. That goes both ways for me. I prefer to touch someone's heart with a gift than them think I spent alot of money.
Where were you 2 hours ago?
In bed asleep.
What is the first blue item you see?
The label on the bottle of Aleve on my desk.
Do your prefer use a pen with black or blue ink?
When was the last time you skinny dipped?
Probably when I was a kid. So at least 25 years.
What did your last text message say?
Probably something reminding me to top up my credit. I don't get text messages as no one has the number.
Where is your best friend?
He is outside mowing the lawn right now.
Friday, June 26, 2009
1. Where were you when you heard that Michael Jackson died?
I was making dinner watching Fox News
2. How do you think that he will be remembered?
Sadly I think he will be remember for the negative, but I hope people remember him for his talent.
3. What was your favorite Jackson tune?
4. Did you watch the original Charlie’s Angels?
No but I know of it.
5. Did someone you know have that poster of Farrah?
No I was a baby!
6. Did you consider her battle with cancer heroic?
Anyone who battles cancer is heroic.
7. Were you a fan of The Tonight Show Starring Johnnie Carson?
Never seen it, remember I have only lived in the USA for 9 months.
8. Did you like Ed McMahon on the show?
9. What else will you remember McMahon for?
What is your favorite part of the summertime?
I love the flowers, the storms, the sunsets, lightning bugs, cookouts! Too many things!
How was this week different than others?
This week has been like a rollercoaster. Alot of stress and also alot of good news too.
What did you think of Michael Jackson?
I loved him. I grew up dancing to his music and always thought he was amazing. Yes he was bizarre but he was thrust into the limelight at age 8 and never had a normal childhood. Of course he was going to be strange. But I do not believe he was a bad person. I think people took advantage of him.
What do you have planned for this weekend?
Not too much. Birthday lunch at Olive Garden for my MIL on Sunday, apart from that no plans yet.
Recipe for the Week (instead of your recipe for life, what is it just for this week?)
After losing so many famous people this week I think I am going to try to live life to the fullest this week. We never know how long we have.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Taken about a week ago from my in-laws back yard in China Grove, NC. They are both made up of about 4 shots I took with my Canon XSi then stitched together with Autostitch. No other editing done.
I don't think I will every tire of the beautiful skies I see here.
Click here to see bigger
Click here to see bigger
To see more Skywatch Friday photos click on the picture below:
1. Were do you get most of your national news? Where do you get most of your local news? Is one easier to get than others?
We only watch Fox News. We didn't get it until we got cable. Which I think stinks.
2. Do you believe what you see/read in/on the news? Why/why not?It depends on the network and what they are talking about. I think Fox is the most honest news network I have watched over here. And I am saying this as an unbiased person who has only recently moved to the USA. Most other media networks are very biased in my opinion.
3. What do you think of the 24 hour news cycle? Do you think it helps us to know what is going on, or do you think it’s a bad idea, or too much? Why/why not?
I don't mind. I think its good if you don't have time to sit down and watch it at a specific time.
I was sitting on our deck enjoying the gorgeous weather a few days ago when I noticed this guy on our storm door.
I had never seen one of these before so I had to take a photograph. My husband later informed me it was a horsefly, which I think may be related to March flies back in Australia. But this guy looked scarier!
1. Someone knocks at your door. You answer it. It's a kid from the local school selling candy bars for a fundraiser. Do you buy one?
Of course! I love candy and I love helping kids!
2. The end of the world is tomorrow and you are out of milk - do you go buy some?
Hell yes! I need coffee or the end would come sooner!
3. Have you ever picked up the phone and called someone that you hadn't talked to in years?
Yes. My best friend from grade school and relatives.
4. Whats on your computer desktop background?
5. What was the very first movie you saw in a movie theatre?
I can't remember what the first was but the first one I do remember was "Never Ending Story"
6. If you had to take a 10th grade science test, do you think you would pass?
Yes, I was pretty good at science.
7. Describe heaven.
I think its a place where you get to be with those you love for eternity... with chocolate.
8. Has a place that you lived ever been infested with some sort of insect or rodent?
Yes! I have moved into a house that was infested with fleas and mice.
9. When you were a youngin', did you hide in the clothes racks at department stores?
Yes and I would jump out and scare people. I would still do it if I fit!
10. Is there anything in your vehicle that is broken?
Not broken but there is a dent where a deer hit the side with its head.
11. What is something in your house that people would be surprise to find?
My husband has a cat's skull. Don't ask, I havn't.
12. Do you agree with the death penalty?
If there is 100% proven guilt, then yes.
13. Whats your favorite type of bear?
Bear or beer? Bear would be Polar, beer would be Corona.
14. Where was the last place you went?
Went to see Transformers 2 today, it was AWESOME!
15. What if that person knocking at your door earlier was an adult selling candy bars... would you buy one?
Hmmm I would ask them why they were selling them. If it was for a good cause I suppose I would.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
1.) To you, what makes the perfect body the perfect body?
Firm muscles, smooth flawless skin.
2.) What part of your body do you obsess about the most?
My hair. It's the only part I love and hate equally.
3.) What makes a house a warm, welcoming, comfortable home?
Nice smell, good light, warm in winter, cool in summer, tidy but lived in.
4.) What fabric feels sexiest against bare skin?
cool cotton sheets
5.) What is the lamest lie you have heard in the last month?
Recently a family member lied about not getting time off for Father's Day but I know for a fact they had that time off.
6.) What always makes you feel better when you're upset?