Sunday, May 31, 2009
So this is a cool meme to show of my portraits! I participate in theme days too so excuse the silliness!
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Sunday Stealing: The Monkey's Meme
1. Name one person who made you smile today:
My husband, but he makes me smile everyday!
2. What were you doing at 8am this morning?
3. What were you doing 45 minutes ago?
Coming home from Mooresville
4. What is your favorite candy bar?
5. Have you ever been to a strip club?
Yes. Male & female.
6. What was the last thing you had to drink?
Still drinking an Oreo shake
7. What was the last thing you ate?
Slaw from the Cookout
8. The last sporting event you watched?
Probably something during the Olympics. I hate sports.
9. Do you go to church every Sunday?
10. Do you prefer Chinese food over pizza?
I like them both about the same.
11. What are you doing tomorrow?
Tomorrow actually is Sunday which means lunch at Billy's Mawmaw's.
12. What do you think of when you hear Australia?
I think of all my family & friends from my original home :)
13. Biggest annoyance right now?
14. Last song listened to?
Something from Unknown Hinson (Watching Squidbillies)
15. Do you have a maid service clean your house?
Yes its called ME!
16. Are you jealous of anyone?
Not really, I am very happy. Maybe people that can afford healthcare...
17. Is anyone jealous of you?
I bet!! haha
18. What do you usually do during the day?
Not alot! Normal housewife stuff.
19. Do you hate anyone that you know right now?
There are a few people I hate, but they aren't in my life anymore. Hence the "hate".
20. Are you thinking about someone right now?
My husband cause he is laughing right next to me watching Squidbillies.
1. You’re planning a trip that would be an eight-hour car ride, a four-hour train ride, or a two-hour plane ride. With money and time being no object, which would you most likely choose and why?
Car ride. Mainly because I am a hobby photographer and I would want to be able to pull over and take photos. Also I haven't seen much of this country so it would be a sight seeing drive also!
2. Has your worst travel experience been on a plane, on a bus or in a car?
Plane. The trip coming from Australia to the USA was awful. Not the actual traveling but things that happened afterwards that I don't want to talk about.
3. Of the following modes of transportation, which one are you most likely to be able to sleep in as a passenger? When did you last doze in that vehicle?
Well seeming there are no "following modes" I will say out of all I have travelled in, a train is the easiest to sleep in.
4. Of that same list, which one would you least likely to be able to sleep in as a passenger? What’s the biggest stumbling block to your being able to sleep that way?
Again, no list! But I will say trying to sleep in a car or anything with an upright seat is hard for me, comfort wise.
5. Take the quiz: What Type of Transportation Are You?
6. In you response to the quiz, which single line best describes you?
"You're so weird that you're practically out of this world."
Friday, May 29, 2009
1. Do you mind people to show up uninvited?
I hate it!!!
2. Last person you talked to on the phone?
3. Last person on your missed call list?
4. Who calls you the most?
Husband, he calls me every night from work on his lunch break.
5. What is your favorite song about breaking up?
White Flag - Dido
6. If someone sent you an unexpected gift, what would you like it to be?
Money! Or a camera lens!
7. Your classic rock station plays the top songs of all time. What is number one?
Don't Stop Believing - Journey
8. Do you live for today or tomorrow?
9. What movie villain scared you as a kid?
It was a freaky alien from an episode of Doctor Who.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
In the US, 2. In Australia where I am from originally, all but Tasmania
22. If a sexist Man is called a pig, what is a sexist Woman called?
A feminist!! haha
23. You see the one person who you absolutely despise. If you were guarentee'd that he/she couldn't say or do anything back to you.... What would you do??
Kick them in the face! Then spit on them. Then set them on fire....
24. How many states are to the right of you? And don’t give us a map to look at.
None. The ocean!
25. You can go anywhere in the world for free. Where are you?
Italy, I might catch a glimpse of Robert Pattinson.... hehe
26. HOW MANY FINGERS AM I HOLDING UP?
27. Are you a boxing fan? Do you think there will be a rematch of the Hatton-Pacquiao fight?
Hate boxing and I have no idea who that is.
28. What is the most disgusting thing you have ever eaten?
I tried lambs brains once. That was pretty vile.
29. Is it cloudy right now?
Kind of, its hard to tell, it's night time.
30. What is your dream job?
Bum... Nah seriously I would love to work on movie sets. Maybe props or something.
31. Someone gives you a $500 gift card to WalMart or Target. What are you going to buy?
Camera stuff, probably a new lens.
32. When you were little, what did you want to be "when you grow up"? And, how much different is your occupation now from where you thought it would be when you were younger?
I wanted to be a Nuclear Physicist. Oh not very different, I am a housewife, can you see the similarities?
33. what was your favorite toy as a child?
Matchbox cars. I was a tomboy.
34. How do you think these things up??
35. Why do you think so many "fake" veterans get away with pretending? Why don't people question them more (especially the media who eats up their stories?)
Probably because most people aren't really listening.
36. What is the last place you had a good cry and why?
I cried about 5 mins ago watching a you tube video of pictures from the New Moon set.
37. What do you mean?
huh? These questions are weird.. What do YOU mean?
38. Which Sesame Street Character do you relate with the most and why?
Cookie Monster.. because I like cookies.
39. What song one would you listen to over and over if you absolutely had to?
Flightless Bird, American Mouth - Iron & Wine
40. Did you ever make what you believed at the time to be a horrible mistake - that in hindsight turned out to lead you on the best path in your life?
Maybe not a horrible mistake but I thought falling for a guy on the opposite side of the world was asking for trouble, but here I am now 4 years later, married to him and happier than I have ever been!
41. If you could change one thing on your person, what would it be?
42. What’s your favorite show to watch on television nowadays?
43. Do you believe there is life after death?
God, I hope so. Otherwise I would like to become a Vampire right now!
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
11,472 miles or 18,461km (I moved from Perth, Australia to NC, USA last year)
2. What is the fartherest distancet from home you have you have ever had sex or an orgasm? What is there farthest distance you have travelled from your home to have a sexual encounter?
Same as above, this is where my husband lived before we got married.
3. How many states (or Canadian provences or your country's geopolitical division) and counties have you had sex and/or an orgasms in?
In the USA, just 1
4. Have you ever had sex in a vehicle? While the vehicle was moving?
Yes & no
5. Do you have any travel related fantasy? If so, share, please.
Not sexual ones.
Monday, May 25, 2009
• Are you available? Nope, married
• What is your age? 33
• What annoys you? Lots of things, bad grammar, rudeness, greed.
• Do you know anyone named Billy? My husband!
• When is your birthday? March 22nd
• Who is your best friend? My husband
• What's your favorite candy? Anything apple flavoured or sour
• Crush? Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen)
• When was the last time you cried? Yesterday watching You Tube videos of Britain's Got Talent
• Do you daydream? All the time
• What's your favorite kind of dog? Labrador
• What day of the week is it? Monday
• How do you like your eggs? Over medium
• Have you ever been in the emergency room? Many times
• Ever pet an elephant? Nope
• Do you use fly swatters? Not often
• Have you ever used a foghorn? No
• Is there a fan in your room? No
• Do you chew gum? No
• Do you like gummy candies? yes
• Do you like gory movies? YES!!
• How are you? Pretty good, hungry.
• What's your height?. 5'4
• What color is your hair? Faded copper
• What's your favorite ice cream? Snickers
• Have you ever ice skated? Yes
• Ever been in an igloo? No
• What's your favorite Jelly Bean? Juicy pear
• Have you ever heard a really hilarious joke? Heaps!
• Do you wear jewelry? Yes, earrings and a Pandora bracelet
• Who do you want to kill? No one
• Have you ever flown a kite? Years ago
• Do you think kangaroos are cute? YES! I am an aussie of course I do!
• Are you laidback? Very!
• Lions or Tigers? Both!
• Do you like black licorice? YUCK!
• Favorite movie as a kid? The Goonies
• Ever shopped at Moosejaw? Where?
• Favorite store at the mall? Shoe store
• Do you have a nickname? Babydoll
• Whats your favorite number? 9
• Do you prefer night or day? Night
• What's your one wish? To live a happy healthy life with my hubby
• Are you an only child? No, 3 siblings
• Do you like the color orange? It's ok
• What are you most paranoid about? Spiders
• Piercings? Ears
• Do you know anyone named Penelope? Not in real life
• Are you quick to judge people? Hmm depends
• Do you like Quaker Oats? Yes
• Know anyone that makes quilts? No
• Do you think you're always right? YES! Of course!
• Do you watch reality TV? Sometimes
• Reason to cry? Anything! I am a big cryer
• Do you prefer sun or rain? I like both at different times
• Do you like snow? YES!
• What's your favorite season? Fall
• time is it? 12:47pm
• What time did you wake up? 10:30am
• Can you ride a unicycle? Never tried
• Do you know anyone with a unibrow? Um probably
• Uncles do you have? A few
• What’s the worst vegetable? Peas!
• Did you ever watch Veggie Tales? What?
• Ever considered being vegan? I was when I was young. My mother still is. I wouldn't now.
• What's your worst habit? Not cleaning
• Do you like water rides? Not really
• Ever been inside a windmill? Don't think so
• Have you ever had an x-ray? Plenty
• Ever used a Xerox machine? Many times
• Do you like the color yellow? It's pretty
• What year were you born in?: 1976
• Do you yell when you're angry? Not often. I am quite calm usually.
• Do you believe in the zodiac? Sort of
• What's your zodiac sign? Aries
• When was the last time you went to the zoo? My sons birthday in April. The Asheboro Zoo and enjoyed it immensely!
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Monday, May 11, 2009
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Friday, May 8, 2009
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Sunday Stealing: The Twenty Firsts Meme
First Job: Waitress
First Real Job: Waitress
First Favorite Politician: Bob Hawke (Australian Prime Minister)
First Car: 1979 Toyota Corona
First Record/CD: Ghostusters Soundtrack
First Sport Played: no idea
First Concert: INXS
First Foreign Country Visited: USA (I am originally from Australia)
First Favorite TV Show: The Goodies
First Favorite Actor: River Phoenix
First Favorite Actress: Drew Barrymore
First Girlfriend/Boyfriend: Peter
First Encounter with a Famous Person: No idea
First Brush With Death: pneumonia when I was a baby
First House/Condo Owned: The one I live in now.
First Film Seen: I have no idea
First Favorite Recording Artist: The Split Enz
First Favorite Radio Station: No idea
First Book I Remember Reading: Where the Wild Things Are
First Meme You Answered on Your Blog: Photohunt
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Only a little, the common flu kills tens of thousands of people a year.
Do you think it is as bad as the press make out?
Not really, but I think they are trying to warm people. But I think its causing unnecessary panic.
Coughs, colds and flu like symptoms are usually around this time of year, do you think people will panic more now if they get the “common” cold?
Yes, I know people that have panicked because they thought they had the swine flu.
Do you think Swine Flu is a natural decease or man made?
I am sure its just another strain of the flu that is natural.
How long do you think it will be before a “cure” is found for the “common” cold?
They probably already have one!
Has your reaction changed to someone who is sneezing, coughing or sniffing next to you since the news of Swine Flu?
I havn't been around anyone like that since the outbreak.
Oh yes, quite a few people actually!
2. Do you own anything that you think is unbreakable?
my love for my husband.
3. Tell us about a crazy thing you did in high school.
We helped a friend run away from home because her parents were beating her up and they called the police and we were taken in and questioned and everything!
4. Name the one talent of yours that you think is the best.
5. Who wins American Idol? (if you don’t watch, tell us about a reality show that you do follow.)
I don't really follow any reality TV shows anymore.
6. What is your favorite movie in black & white?
7. What is one thing advertised too much on TV?
8. What is your current favorite TV drama?
9. What is your current favorite TV comedy?
Better off Ted
This is one of my favourite photographs I have taken. We were taking our new puppy for a walk and I was testing out my new 50mm lens and was just snapping away at everything. I got this shot of my son walking in front of me while he was talking to the dog.
I really like it.