I ate fresh cherries for the first time in years this past weekend. They are very expensive in Australia so I never got them but they had them for 99c a pound here! I was amazed! So we ate quite a few!
1. You are a guest on the space shuttle. You just arrived on the moon and realize you forgot something back home that you can't live without. What is it and how do you convince them to go back and fetch it? My camera. I threaten to eject them all into space if they don't let me get it!!
2. Pretend you are a teacher in a rough public school for one day. You have been assigned to teach Manners 101. You have the "challenging bad butt kids" class (remember this is a pretend school and anyway I can't say ass on my blog 'cause it's so unQueenly and I might get fined or something). They are jumping up and down, cursing, and throwing things at you. What is the first thing you would write on the board? "I have a gun and I'm not afraid to use it!"
3. Someone in your family or a friend has started a blog. They think it is anonymous but you have figured it out. They are saying derogatory things about you. Do you tell them or do you read it for awhile? How would you handle it? I would comment on it as if I didn't know it was them, but so they knew it was me.
4. If you had one dollar left in your pocket, what would you spend it on? Candy!
5. President Obama and the First Lady are coming over for dinner. What do you serve? Arsenic :)
6. You walk in on your lover. They are trying on your clothes. What do you do? Tell them that my clothes are WAAAY too big for them and that they would probably look better in them anyway.
7. Every astronaut must have shots! Choose your vaccination: You only get one and you can't enjoy any of the attributes of the other choices. You choose either: (1) The fountain of eternal youth and sexual vigor but only for 10 years (2) perfect health for a lifetime (3) eternal mind-numbing nirvana and peace of mind (4) unlimited hedonism for one year with no negative consequences. Number 2, being sick is not cool.
**Please note I have no intentions of poisoning the president nor do I wish him that. I just am not a fan... so if he showed up at my house he would NOT be invited**
This is my son on his 13th Birthday in 2007. He was chosen to receive the Lions Club Children of Courage Award. They have a category for children with Mental & Physical handicaps and him having Fragile X Syndrome (a form of Autism) he was eligible. His teacher had nominated him for it which we thought was wonderful. What was even more wonderful was the ceremony was on his birthday so when he was on stage the whole auditorium sang Happy Birthday to him.
1.What is one thing that will put a great big ole smile on your face? My son and my husband. They make me smile all the time.
2.Your walking down the street toward a very familiar face. As you get closer you realize you do not remember this persons name at all. Do you speak with the chance that they'll want to stop and chat or do you pretend that you don't see the person? This happens to me ALL the time! I usually talk about general things until they say something that reminds me who they are! I am not afraid to say to people that I forget their names though.
3. Are you the Rock or the sponge of your household? I think I am a bit of both. I used to be the rock but living in a strange country and not knowing alot of things over here I tend to rely on my husband more now.
4. You have gone over to a friends for dinner. You look down at your plate and notice a great big ole hair hanging out from inside your sandwich. What do you do? OH GOD! I am so picky with food that I couldn't eat it. I really would dry heave. I would make up something about having a stomach ache or something but there is no way I would eat it.
5. If you HAD to name one....who would you say is your role model? I don't think I have one funnily enough.
6. Have you raised children? If so do you think your parenting skills were top notch or could have used a little help from Dr Phil? I think I do a pretty good job. My son has a form of autism so my expectations of parenthood was way off!
7. would your -(Past or present)- mate/spouse, significant other/whatever -say that living with you has been like a gentle breeze or more like a hurricane? My husband is a gentle breeze definitely. I am the hurricane.
8. When you shop at the grocery store, do you always shop exactly by a list or just go helter skelter and hope that you get home with most of what you need? I sometimes have a list but I generally know what I need. But I do get things I don't need alot.
1. Who was the last person of the opposite sex you lay in a bed with? My husband.
2. Where was the last place you went out to eat? Hardees, today for lunch. We did eat at the in-laws tonight aswell does that count? We were out technically.
3. What was the last alcoholic beverage you consumed? A green apple Smirnoff Ice yummmm
4. Which do you prefer - eyes or lips? Eyes are a big thing for me!
5. Medicine, fine arts, or law? Medicine. I wanted to be a doctor or a Medical Researcher.
6. Best kind of pizza? Double Pepperoni
7. What is in store for your future? Hopefully happiness and good health.
8. Who was the last band you saw live? I think it was A Prefect Circle. It was a while ago too sadly.
9. Do you take care of your friends while they are sick? I would if I had any! haha
10. How many songs are on your iPod? My Laptop is my "ipod" so thousands.
11. Where is the last place you drove to? I drove the car to the end of the street a few weeks ago (I don't have a US licence).
12. Where did your last kiss take place? About 10 mins ago while my hubby & I were putting a cabinet together.
13. What were you doing at 11:59 PM on Monday night? Surfing the net or watching a movie or TV, I am a night owl.
14. Are you a quitter? Depends on what it is. I have quit ALOT of jobs!
15. Who was the last person you had in your house? Probably my in-laws. We don't have company often, we prefer to go to them!
15. What do you think about people who party a lot? It depends. If they have their priorities right then good for them. However if they have kids and rather party than take care of their kids then that sucks.
16. Does talking about sex make you uncomfortable? Again it depends. If I am talking to my hubby or friends then no. My in-laws then yes!
17. What was the last CD you purchased? No idea, probably Coldplay X&Y
18. What are two bands or singers that you will always love? Led Zeppalin & Neil Diamond
19. Which of the seven deadly sins are you guilty of? All of them.
20. How is your last ex doing? Dunno havn't spoken to him in a while. We are still friends but don't talk all the time. I do know he hasn't had a long term relationship since we broke up (5 years ago) and he seems to be flitting through life.
This was taken at Yallingup, Western Australia. There are a bunch of rocks along the coastline of South West, Western Australia just like this. If you look real close you can see a rainbow in the top left.
1. It’s July. How has the weather been where you are? Hot, humid, thunderstorms. I like the last one but I hate the heat and humidity.
2. What is the best way for you to beat the heat? Be anywhere with airconditioning. I have lived without aircon all my life until we moved to the USA. Australia is one of the hottest countries yet airconditioning is only affordable by the rich!
3. “It’s not the heat, it’s the humidity.” Do you buy that? I hate both equally so it doesn't matter either way.
4. Do you like hot tubs or saunas? Not really.
5. What’s the hottest you’ve ever been? It got to 46 degrees Celsius in Perth once, that's 114 Fahrenheit. I thought I was going to die. And no airconditioning either.
6. How many times do you hit the beach in the summer? If I have a choice, none. Especially now we live 4 hours away from the coast. I am not a beach person.
7. When you were a kid, what did you do in the summer? Went to the beach! Haha, I grew up in the tropics of Australia which is pretty much beach, beach, beach.
8. Surfing. Have you ever gotten on a surfboard? Body surf? I don't get in the ocean if I can help it.
9. What’s your favorite summer song? Surfin' USA - The Beach Boys
With what famous person, whose name begins with the letter in question #1, would you most like to be stuck on a desert island? Can it be a famous fictitious person? Cause if so there is no contest! It would be Edward Cullen! Squuueeeeeal!!
What food item, whose name begins with the letter in question #1, can always be found in your pantry? Corn kernals
What song, whose title begins with the letter in question #1, always makes you feel good? Fix You - Coldplay
What is your least-favorite film whose title begins with the letter in question #1? Sphere
What unusual animal, whose name begins with the letter in question #1, would be a fun pet? Velociraptor - Hey it would make an awesome guard dog!
Breakfast What is looming on your to do list right now? Clean the kitchen, wash the sheets.. mainly housework!
Lunch What was your life like this week? It has been a bit yuck actually. I have had a bladder infection all week so its been uncomfortable to say the least. But I did get to see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.
Dinner What is a fear you currently have? Thankfully most of my fears were put to rest last week. Now its just the usual, money etc.
Midnight Snack When is the last time you took time for yourself? I have alot of me time when hubby is at work at nights. My son is asleep and I just read or surf the net.
Recipe of the Week (instead of your recipe for life, what is it just for this week?) Get the house organised and try to keep it that way!
1. You are in court. You are in deep doo-doo. What did you do? ('Cause if you want, I might could talk to the judge and get your sentence reduced to Bloggingham dungeon time.) I jumped on Robert Pattinson at the New Moon premiere.
2. Your blog just became a best-selling book . What is the title of your book ? Well if it was this blog it would be a boring book, but if it were my personal blog it would be called "The Adventures of the Aussie Girl and the American Boy"
3. It is midnight. The phone rings. It is Michael Jackson calling from the Great Beyond. What would you like to ask him? I would like to know what Elvis thought of him marrying his little girl? I am sure they have met by now.
4. You are having your future told. The fortune teller looks in the crystal ball, screams and leaves the room in fright. What did they see? It would have been my mother as she is a Fortune Teller (for real!) and she probably saw me pregnant! haha
5. You're blogging along minding your own blusiness (that's blog + oh...you know) when Google unexpectedly puts a Objectionable Content Warning on your blog. Your own mother is afraid to enter! What, pray tell, did you do to warrant it? How did this happen? Do you think you deserve it? Just how objectionable are you? Do tell. Well I only do Meme's on this blog so I would blame all of those meme creators... yes I'm looking at you!
6. You suddenly become God Of The Universe. What would your first Commandment be? Thou shalt not wear jeans that show off your underwear!
7. And finally, what secret would you like to tell the Queen? Not to worry. What happens in Bloggingham, stays in Bloggingham. I secretly want to do bad things to Robert Pattinson..... and if I had the chance, I would. I am sure my husband wouldn't mind.